Thank you for your interest in taking the free online EST Program at the Calgary Drop-In Centre. The Calgary Drop-In Centre is a housing-focused emergency shelter that provides opportunities for people to rebuild their lives.
- Must provide proof of low-income or no income (i.e. low income bus pass, recent bank statement, recent tax statement).
- You must be legally able to work in Canada. You must have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN) to take the program.
- You must be between 18 and 65 years of age.
- You must be a resident of Calgary, Alberta at time of application.
- You must complete an information interview.
- You must pass a Knowledge Assessment.
- You must bring a resume.
Please note: Everyone who comes to the Calgary Drop-In & Rehab Centre must register in our biometrics security system. The security desk will record your name, date of birth, a picture of your face, and a scan of your fingers that is turned into a number code. This information is for internal purposes only and will not be release to a third party.
Upcoming Online EST Program Schedule:
Intake is ongoing. You will be contacted once your application has been submitted and received to schedule an intake & assessment appointment. If for some reason you do not get a call or email from us, please contact us at 403-699-8283 or ESTintake@thedi.ca to schedule an interview.
|Course||Course Dates:||Applications Will Be Accepted Between:||You will know your status in the course on:|
|P-182||July 20th to July 27th||June 29th to July 10th||July 13th|
|P-183||August 24th to August 31st||July 27th to August 14th||August 17th|
|P-184||September 21st to October 2nd||August 17th to September 11th||September 15th|
|P-185||October 19th to October 30th||September 14th to October 9th||October 14th|
|P-186||November 16th to November 27th||October 13th to November 6th||November 10th|
|P-187||December 7th to December 18th||November 9th to November 27th||December 1st|
**Notification: All applicants who have completed an interview will be notified of their status no later than 4 p.m. on the date indicated. Applicants will be notified by either e-mail, phone, or written letter (delivered to the second floor day office).
Intake and Assessment Process:
- Intake appointments are 30-45 minutes in length and will be conducted via telephone.
- The intake part allows us to sit down and talk about how the program will meet your needs. It is also an opportunity to discuss other options if you realize the program isn’t the best match for you.
- During your appointment, you will find out the day you can expect to know your status in the course.
Every dollar we raise goes to our mission of ending and preventing chronic homelessness and alleviating the effects of poverty.