Thank you for your interest in taking the free EST 3-Week Program at the Calgary Drop-In Centre. The Calgary Drop-In Centre is a housing-focused emergency shelter that provides opportunities for people to rebuild their lives.
Monday to Friday
Calgary Drop-In Centre
1 Dermot Baldwin Way SE, Calgary, AB T2G OP8
Life Skills, Employment Strategies, Computers, and 6 safety certifications
Workshops are free. Call Alberta Supports at
1-877-644-9992 to learn about financial assistance.
- Must provide proof of low-income or no income (i.e. low income bus pass, recent bank statement, recent tax statement).
- You must be legally able to work in Canada. You must have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN) to take the program.
- You must be between 18 and 65 years of age.
- You must be a resident of Calgary, Alberta at time of application.
- You must complete an information interview.
- You must pass a Knowledge Assessment.
- You must bring a resume.
Please note: Everyone who comes to the Calgary Drop-In & Rehab Centre must register in our biometrics security system. The security desk will record your name, date of birth, a picture of your face, and a scan of your fingers that is turned into a number code. This information is for internal purposes only and will not be release to a third party.
Upcoming 3-Week EST Program Schedule:
Intake is ongoing. You will be contacted once your application has been submitted and received to schedule an intake & assessment appointment. If for some reason you do not get a call or email from us, please contact us at 403-699-8283 or ESTintake@thedi.ca to schedule an interview.
|Course||Course Dates:||Applications Will be Accepted Between:||You will know your status in the course on:|
|P-167||January 14 to February 1||November 26 to December 21||January 7|
|P-168||February 11 to March 1||December 27 to January 28||February 4|
|P-169||March 11 to March 29||January 29 to February 25||March 4|
|P-170||April 8 to April 26||February 26 to March 25||April 1|
|P-171||May 6 to May 24||March 26 to April 22||April 29|
|P-172||June 3 to June 21||April 23 to May 20||May 27|
|P-173||July 2 to July 19||May 21 to June 17||June 24|
|P-174||July 29 to August 16||June 18 to July 15||July 22|
|P-175||August 26 to September 13||July 16 to August 12||August 19|
|P-176||September 23 to October 11||August 13 to September 9||Sept 16|
|P-177||October 21 to November 8||September 10 to October 7||October 14|
|P-178||November 18 to December 6||October 8 to November 4||November 11|
**Notification: All applicants who have completed an interview will be notified of their status no later than 4 p.m. on the date indicated. Applicants will be notified by either e-mail, phone, or written letter (delivered to the second floor day office).
Intake and Assessment Process:
- Appointments are 30-45 minutes.
- The intake part allows us to sit down and talk about how the program will meet your needs. It is also an opportunity to discuss other options if you realize the program isn’t the best match for you.
- The Literacy Assessment is 10 multiple-choice questions based on content from the safety certification courses. In order to be successful in the course you must get a 7/10 on this assessment.
- During your appointment, you will find out the day you can expect to know your status in the course.
Every dollar we raise ensures those who have lost their families, jobs and homes will never lose hope. Together, we can give them the community, skills and support they need to move beyond homelessness.