Thank you for your interest in taking the free EST 3-Week Program at the Calgary Drop-In Centre. The Calgary Drop-In Centre is a housing-focused emergency shelter that provides opportunities for people to rebuild their lives.
Monday to Friday
Calgary Drop-In Centre
1 Dermot Baldwin Way SE, Calgary, AB T2G OP8
Life Skills, Employment Strategies, Computers, and 6 safety certifications
Workshops are free. Call Alberta Supports at
1-877-644-9992 to learn about financial assistance.
- Must provide proof of low-income or no income (i.e. low income bus pass, recent bank statement, recent tax statement).
- You must be legally able to work in Canada. You must have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN) to take the program.
- You must be between 18 and 65 years of age.
- You must be a resident of Calgary, Alberta at time of application.
- You must complete an information interview.
- You must pass a Knowledge Assessment.
- You must bring a resume.
Please note: Everyone who comes to the Calgary Drop-In & Rehab Centre must register in our biometrics security system. The security desk will record your name, date of birth, a picture of your face, and a scan of your fingers that is turned into a number code. This information is for internal purposes only and will not be release to a third party.
Upcoming 3-Week EST Program Schedule:
Intake is ongoing. You will be contacted once your application has been submitted and received to schedule an intake & assessment appointment. If for some reason you do not get a call or email from us, please contact us at 403-699-8283 or ESTintake@thedi.ca to schedule an interview.
|Course||Course Dates:||Applications Will Be Accepted Between:||You will know your status in the course on:|
|P-179||January 6 to January 24||November 26 to December 20||December 30|
|P-180||February 3 to February 21||December 23 to January 20||January 27|
|P-181||March 2 to March 20||January 21 to February 18||February 24|
|P-182||April 6 to April 24||February 19 to March 23||March 30|
|P-183||May 4 to May 22||March 24 to April 20||April 27|
|P-184||June 1 to June 19||April 21 to May 19||May 25|
|P-185||July 6 to July 24||May 20 to June 22||June 29|
|P-186||August 4 to August 21||June 23 to July 20||July 27|
|P-187||August 31 to September 18||July 21 to August 17||August 24|
|P-188||October 5 to October 23||August 18 to September 21||September 28|
|P-189||November 2 to November 20||September 22 to October 19||October 26|
|P-190||November 30 to December 18||October 20 to November 16||November 23|
**Notification: All applicants who have completed an interview will be notified of their status no later than 4 p.m. on the date indicated. Applicants will be notified by either e-mail, phone, or written letter (delivered to the second floor day office).
Intake and Assessment Process:
- Appointments are 30-45 minutes.
- The intake part allows us to sit down and talk about how the program will meet your needs. It is also an opportunity to discuss other options if you realize the program isn’t the best match for you.
- The Literacy Assessment is 10 multiple-choice questions based on content from the safety certification courses. In order to be successful in the course you must get a 7/10 on this assessment.
- During your appointment, you will find out the day you can expect to know your status in the course.
Every dollar we raise goes to our mission of ending and preventing chronic homelessness and alleviating the effects of poverty.