Thank you for your interest in taking the free EST 3-Week Program at the Calgary Drop-In Centre. The Calgary Drop-In Centre is a homeless shelter that provides opportunities for people to rebuild their lives.
Monday to Friday
The Calgary Drop-In Centre
1 Dermot Baldwin Way SE, Calgary, AB T2G OP8
Life Skills, Employment Strategies, Computers, and 6 safety certifications
All workshops are free.
No financial assistance is available through EST.
If you do need financial assistance, please call Alberta Supports at 1-877-644-9992 to learn about your options.
- Must provide proof of low-income or no income (i.e. low income bus pass, recent bank statement, recent tax statement).
- You must be legally able to work in Canada. You must have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN) to take the program.
- You must be between 18 and 65 years of age.
- You must be a resident of Calgary, Alberta at time of application.
- You must complete an information interview.
- You must pass a Knowledge Assessment.
- You must bring a resume.
Please note: Everyone who comes to the Calgary Drop-In & Rehab Centre must register in our biometrics security system. The security desk will record your name, date of birth, a picture of your face, and a scan of your fingers that is turned into a number code. This information is for internal purposes only and will not be release to a third party.
Upcoming 3-Week EST Program Schedule:
Intake is ongoing. You will be contacted once your application has been submitted and received to schedule an intake & assessment appointment. If for some reason you do not get a call or email from us, please contact us at 403-699-8283 or ESTintake@thedi.ca to schedule an interview.
|Course||Course Dates:||Applications Will be Accepted Between:||3-Week EST Course runs on weekdays from:|
|P-155||January 8 to January 26||November 14 to December 18||December 29|
|P-156||February 5 to February 23||December 19 to January 22||January 29|
|P-157||March 5 to March 23||January 23 to February 19||February 26|
|P-158||April 3 to April 20||February 20 to March 19||March 26|
|P-159||May 7 to May 25||March 20 to April 23||April 30|
|P-160||June 4 to June 22||April 24 to May 21||May 28|
|P-161||July 3 to July 20||May 22 to June 18||June 25|
|P-162||July 30 to August 17||June 19 to July 16||July 23|
|P-163||September 4 to September 21||July 17 to August 20||August 27|
|P-164||October 1 to October 19||August 21 to September 17||Sept 24|
|P-165||October 29 to November 16||September 18 to October 15||October 22|
|P-166||November 26 to December 14||October 16 to November 12||November 19|
**Notification: All applicants who have completed an interview will be notified of their status no later than 4 p.m. on the date indicated. Applicants will be notified by either e-mail, phone, or written letter (delivered to the second floor day office).
Intake and Assessment Process:
- Appointments are 30-45 minutes.
- The intake part allows us to sit down and talk about how the program will meet your needs. It is also an opportunity to discuss other options if you realize the program isn’t the best match for you.
- The Literacy Assessment is 10 multiple-choice questions based on content from the safety certification courses. In order to be successful in the course you must get a 7/10 on this assessment.
- During your appointment, you will find out the day you can expect to know your status in the course.
Every dollar we raise ensures those who have lost their families, jobs and homes will never lose hope. Together, we can give them the community, skills and support they need to move beyond homelessness.