Monday to Friday
The Calgary Drop-In Centre
1 Dermot Baldwin Way SE, Calgary, AB T2G OP8
Workshops includesLife Skills, Employment Strategies, Computers, and 6 safety certifications
All workshops are free.
No financial assistance is available through EST.
If you do need financial assistance, please call Alberta Supports at 1-877-644-9992 to learn about your options.
- Must self-identify as low income.
- You must be legally able to work in Canada. You must have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN) to take the program.
- You must be between 16 and 65 years of age.
- You must be a resident of Calgary, Alberta at time of application.
- You must complete an information interview.
- You must pass an English Literacy Assessment.
Upcoming 3-Week EST Program Schedule:
Intake is ongoing. You will be contacted once your application has been submitted and received to schedule an intake & assessment appointment. If for some reason you do not get a call or email from us, please contact us at 403-699-8283 or ESTintake@thedi.ca to schedule an interview.
|Upcoming Courses for 2017||To be considered for the course, submit application by:||3-Week EST Course runs on weekdays from:|
|January||December 22, 2016||January 5 – January 20|
|February||January 16, 2017||January 30 – February 17|
|March||February 13||February 27 – March 17|
|April||March 20||April 3 – April 21|
|May||April 17||May 1 – May 19|
|June||May 15||May 29 – June 16|
|July||June 20||July 4 – July 21|
|August||July 17||July 31 – August 18|
|September||August 22||September 5 – September 22|
|October||September 18||October 2 – October 20|
|November||October 16||October 30 – November 17|
|December||November 13||November 27 – December 15|
Intake and Assessment Process:
- Appointments are 30-45 minutes.
- The intake part allows us to sit down and talk about how the program will meet your needs. It is also an opportunity to discuss other options if you realize the program isn’t the best match for you.
- The Literacy Assessment is 10 multiple-choice questions based on content from the safety certification courses. In order to be successful in the course you must get a 7/10 on this assessment.
- During your appointment, you will find out the day you can expect to know your status in the course.
Every dollar we raise ensures those who have lost their families, jobs and homes will never lose hope. Together, we can give them the community, skills and support they need to move beyond homelessness.